Friday, March 7, 2014

Good Reads, The Power of a Half Hour

“Turn your fleeting minutes into defining moments.
 

What can you do in 30 minutes? Have lunch? Watch television? Check Facebook?

 How about change your life?

 Why do some people achieve far more than others? We all get the same 24 hours in a day, yet a special few seem to have superhuman abilities when it comes to accomplishing great things in life.” (amazon book description)


This book, The Power Of A Half Hour, Take Back Your Life Thirty Minutes at a Time, by Tommy Barnett,  is chock full of wise and helpful advice, information and encouragement.  Interwoven in all those wonderful words is the admonition to learn to use all of life, right down to every half hour, in service and devotion to the Lord.  It is interesting to me how the idea of “thirty minutes at a time” was already present in my life.  As I have read this book, I found myself looking for those half hours, sometimes just a quarter of an hour to be more intentional to use them purposefully.

If this book had been more focused on the half hour principle I would have quickly lost interest, but the abundance of wise encouragement throughout kept me reading.

The one issue I had with this title is that I have it in kindle format.  There is just too much in the book that I want to mark, reread and quote.  The kindle format has been frustrating to me.  Probably what I have discovered is that I am a book in hand gal.  So if you are like me in that respect, make sure you get the book, not the kindle version!

This book was supplied to me by WaterBrook Multnomah Publishers via their Blogging for Books program, in exchange for my honest opinion.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book. Thanks for sharing it. Is it one you think you will want to read more than once?

    Thanks for sharing about your niece at Liberty. I'm excited (and a bit nervous) for Rebecca but know God has great plans for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie, Thank you for stopping by :) If I can get a copy of the book in "book" form, yes I would more than likely read it again!

      Delete

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.