Monday, February 10, 2014

This Day, February 11, 2014



FOR TODAY
Outside my window…another foggy frosty morning.  I sure am looking forward to the sunshine and warmer weather forecasted for later in the week



I am thinking…how the teaching we received this past weekend at our marriage retreat applies to all the relationships in our home

I am thankful…for my husband.  For the strong arm he put around me, that felt like a shelter, during what used to be a very difficult topic for me

In the kitchen…the remnants of the weekend's untouched food, as we were all absent or busy

I am going…to (in)RL 2014, or at least registered and planning to.  I got so nervous after registering and finding a local meet up, that I clicked off the page before joining the meetup!

I am wondering…where our family is going to end up as this season comes to a close.  My beloved has worked away from home, renting homes and apartments where my name isn’t on the lease, for several years.  This weekend we were asked to “put a stake in the ground” for our marriage.  My stake in the ground was named “under the same roof”.

I am reading…Say Good Bye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine, Undaunted by Christine Caine, The Art of Marriage by Family Life Ministries,Perfectly Unique by Annie Downs,and  Love Does by Bob Goff

I am hoping… That the lessons I learned this weekend on hospitality, kindness and service take root in my heart and in the hearts of my children

I am looking forward to…Co-op classes! And Valentine’s Day.  I have a different menu planned from our traditional one and am looking for a movie to watch that deviates from the same one for the last 10 years (Lady and the Tramp).  Any suggestions for a good chick flick that is clean and pure?

Around the house…quiet as my daughters work on their school lessons.  And tidiness.  The 2 who were home all weekend while the rest of us were away cleaned several rooms!

A favorite quote for today…”To be able to look forward to a lifelong, thriving marriage, you must have a clear understanding of the gospel.  Without it, you cannot see God, yourself, or your marriage for what they truly are.  The gospel is the fountain of a thriving marriage.”  Dave Harvey, from When Sinners Say “I Do

A picture from this weekend...


linking with other daybookers

4 comments:

  1. What a great quote and I love the snowman. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. Isn't that snowman great? My husband and I found him while we were out exploring a nearby canyon & waterfall area at the end of our weekend retreat. I loved the candy buttons!

      Delete
  2. Love the quote! I too am in a struggling marriage. I pray that you both find the ability and agreement on the same "stake". Your reading list sure is a big one. Enjoy all those wonderful ideas. Absolutely loved your Daybook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary thank you for stopping by and commenting. I am sorry that you are in a struggling marriage, although the struggle is part of the journey. I will pray for you!

      No worries on the different "stakes" we put in the ground this past week. They actually do unify us :) I highly recommend the Family Life marriage retreat "Art of Marriage" It helped us understand a lot of the highs and lows we are experiencing on this marriage journey.

      Delete

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.