Sunday, February 16, 2014

Say GoodBye, and Restore

As a reader of Money Saving Mom, the blog by Crystal Paine for several years, I have been encouraged and challenged in my pursuit of a purposeful life.  It was a joy to receive Crystal's newest book, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode, 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion For Life.

It is interesting how the book arrived in the mail shortly before the weekend away my husband had planned for me and him.  At that time I was definitely operating in survival mode, and that time away was deeply needed.

Like some of what the author suggests in chapters 1 (Stop Trying to Do It All) and 9 (Sometimes It Is About You) that get away gave my husband and I time to decompress, reconnect and have some great "unplugged" time away from kids and to do lists.

The book is broke down into 10 chapters that repeat and expand on the wisdom Crystal has shared on her blog over the years.  She extends grace to the reader and encourages the reader to extend grace to herself.  We can't do it all, and we can live a rich purposeful life, wherever we find ourselves on this life journey.

Much of what I found in the book has been said on MoneySavingMom.com over the years, but it is a great resource to have that wisdom and encouragement gathered into print.  This is a book that will go on the reference shelf in our family library.

The publisher, Nelson Books has provided mewith a complimentary copy of this book  through BookLook Bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.