Monday, February 3, 2014

Hidden Falls, an episode story

There is a new trend in story writing.  Episode stories, like a weekly TV series, ending each week with a little suspense to draw you back again the next week.

Hidden Falls by Olivia Newport and released by Barbour Books is one such book. It will only be released in e-book form, and is available from Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

I was emailed the first episode in January and enjoyed reading the story while waiting for my daughter at an orthodontist appointment.  The story was enjoyable and I am curious about how it will carry on, but I am not sure I like the idea of paying each week to read the next chapter or "episode".  If there are 13 episodes at $1.99 each (that's the number I found on amazon), we are looking at roughly $26.00 per complete story.

You can download the first episode here for free.  I would love to hear how others feel about "episode" books.

The ebook was provided to me by Handlebar Publishing in exchange for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.