Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Just Write {2} QUIET

Today I had about 55 minutes of unplanned time.  There is usually a list right by my side directing my next move, but not today due to a few things being up in the air.   After dropping my daughter off for her 1 hour English class I drove away feeling tired, thinking a Starbucks would be in order.  Turning onto the road where the closest Starbucks could be found I decided that a slice of pizza would be so much better.  There is a Marco's Pizza in that area.

What a treat, a slice of pepperoni pizza, an ice cold root beer, and QUIET.  There was a nice big table by the sunny window so I took it and sat down with pizza, root beer, my spiral notebook and my phone/kindle app.

Forty five minutes of weekly goal checking, eating and reading an ebook was like  mini retreat.  For most of the time there were not even any other people in the shop.  My phone did not ring or beep.  No one asked me a question.  Quiet.  It still strikes me funny that although there was some fun cheery music playing it still seemed....quiet.

Quiet.







linking with the Extraordinary Ordinary

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this! And what a good reminder-- that we need to take time out for ourselves amidst the buzz and bustle of life and kids and carpool and everything else going on… we deserve a few minutes of quiet. We do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, thank you for stopping by and for your encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.