Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Daybook, January 7 2014

FOR TODAY
Outside my window…a cold night, but not quite as cold as it has been

I am thinking…how nice it is to have 4 meals of the 24 freezer meals by Feb 1 goal, in the freezer.  Our home school co-op starts up mid February and for 12 weeks after Tuesday & Wednesday are crazy busy days.  These 24 meals will help us avoid the drive through temptation at the end of the day when I am worn out.  We also have minestrone soup for tomorrow and a little less than 1/2 gallon chicken broth to make another soup later in the week.

I am thankful…for so many things tonight.  Esp the helping hands of my two youngest, tackling a thorough cleaning of the dining room and kitchen this evening.  Dishes, flat surfaces wiped down, floors swept and mopped.  Very nice way to wrap up all the food prep we've worked on today.

In the kitchen…one of my sweet daughters has been sick with a nasty cold virus since Sunday morning.  That afternoon I cooked 3 chickens and boiled the bones for broth.  We've had chicken noodle soup, and minestrone soup from the broth.  There is enough left over soup for lunch tomorrow and enough broth for another soup later in the week.  Cooking 2 or 3 chickens on Sunday afternoon might become a regular thing for the rest of the winter.  It provides meat and broth for many meals during the week.



I am going…to meet with 2 women from our church on Friday afternoon.  We are planning Sunday School lessons and service projects for our middle school and high school girls.

I am reading…The Lordship of Christ by MacArthur and Twice Freed by Patricia St John.  A couple of weeks ago I asked one of my daughters for book recommendations.  Her eyes lit up and she ran off!  When she returned she had a stack of her favorite books.  I choose Twice Freed from the stack as I have seen her reading it on many occasions.  Asking for book recommendations from my daughters is one of the things I am doing to be intentional about connecting with them.  The rest of the books in this photo are the titles I hope to read this month.

I am looking forward to…Saturday!  I am really hoping (and planning) to sew all afternoon.

I am studying... peacemaking and I John.  I have had The Peacemaker by Sande since early last year.  And my memory work plan for this season is from 1 John so I decided to also spend some time in deeper study of that book.

A quote for today... "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much." Mother from Man of the Family by Ralph Moody.

Around the house…a lot of clutter right now.  We are all trying to get back into the swing of routine, but there are still items from traveling that need to be put away.  Again, looking forward to Saturday i am hoping to see sunshine and warmer temperatures so I can take the most of the clutter out to the garage and shed.


A few plans for the rest of the week…Another day of trying to get organized and ready before we start back to school on Thursday.

A picture from the day...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.