Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Daybook ~ January 14, 2014

FOR TODAY, Tuesday January 14

Outside my window…it is still dark, but I see the lights of down town.  My weather app says we have a 40% chance of snow this morning.  Since I can see the lights clearly I am guessing the weather app is just joking.

I am thinking… about who I am in Christ as I prepare Sunday School lessons from Perfectly Unique by Annie Downs

I am thankful… for life.  My mother and my father in law each have a form of dementia or Alzheimers and are in facilities due to the way they each act out.  Just this week I was given a reminder in the midst of my discouragement and struggle with the loss of loved ones to dementia.  Life is precious and is God's.  I can choose to be thankful for my mother's life and my father in law's life, even now.

In the kitchen…a big load of clean dishes drying, crockpot cooking black & white beans and 11 meals in the freezer as we inch our way to 24 by Feb.  I took a break from meal and broth making yesterday evening and made a double batch of chocolate chip cookie dough.  Baked 2 pans worth and popped the rest into the freezer as cookie balls.  We'll be able to pull out a dozen or so when we want or need a quick batch of cookies.

I am creating…a cousin quilt for a new little one in the family.  I was able to sew for about 2 hours on Saturday and pieced all but the last row of blocks.  Hopefully in the next week I'll find another couple of hours to finish piecing and maybe sandwich the batting.

I am going… to enrichment class registration today.  The spring semester begins in mid February, but registration, training and orientation all take place over the next couple of weeks.


I am reading… Twice Freed and Perfectly Unique.

I am looking forward to…Builder arriving home for a few days; the arrival of Sophie, our Chinese exchange student.  She is to arrive in 2 weeks!

I am learning… a tremendous amount as I prepare and teach middle school girls on Sunday mornings

Around the house…humidifiers and cough medicine, ginger root & essential oils, nursing sick tummies and nasty coughs away.

A favorite quote for today…"Make ready for the Christ, Whose smile, like lightning, sets free the song of everlasting glory that now sleeps in your paper flesh, like dynamite.  ~ Thomas Merton

A few plans for the rest of the week…we register for our co-op classes this week.  Piano lesson resume after a 3 week break and my Beloved comes home for the weekend.  I have left the folding table out in the living room with some sewing to be able to sit down for 15 minutes here and there, hopefully to mend, refashion and piece together a few different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.