Thursday, January 30, 2014

Bible Stories for the Little Princess

"Dear God, Thank You for making me so special.  I love the way You created me!  Amen."

"You were created in God's image!  Look in the mirror and thank God for making you."

Don't all of us mommas and grandmothers hope to know the sweet girls we love grow up knowing that each is made unique and special?  What a wonderful thing to plant the seeds of knowing she was planned for and made, and to see each of  those young ladies grow loving they way she is created.

This is just one of the prayers and jewel truths written into Bible Stories for His Beautiful Princess by Sheri Rose Shepherd.  This book title caught my eye recently and I requested it from the Tyndale Blog Network. The book is a gentle introduction to God's Word for the very young, and I will enjoy sharing with it with my grandchildren.  My youngest daughter will probably spend a little time reading through it as well, although she tells me it is for "little kids."  Oh to be 11, still loving to play, but also stretching into bigger ways.

The illustrations by Shelley Dieterichs are charming and simple.  There are children in the illustrations with diverse features, which I do appreciate.  Bible Stories for His Beautiful Princess is a sweet gentle introduction for to God's Word for the little girl.




Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.