Monday, August 12, 2013

Count Your Blessings, Count Them One by One


Lists are always flowing from any pen or pencil I can get a hold of.  Lately there's been so many lists to make and mark off that counting stopped for a bit.  But a quiet Friday afternoon was just the time to pick up the counting list and start back up.

So far, in 2013, 246 gifts counted, written down, but know, there are many many more acknowledged each day.

Interesting conversation that keeps my mind engage
Safely missing the accident I nearly drove into
Echos of truth spoke in love
JoyNess’ sweet soft voice after breakfast and a clean diaper, sounding like she sings along with the hymns playing
Wide eye wonder
Listening to music, drumming on the keyboard, while typing up a story ~ another word girl in the house!
3 miles on the bike
New season lessons
Learning to shoot

my new pistol
Hugs from the youngest, all throughout the day
Hearing my dad’s excitement at my new endeavors
A warm welcome from the AWANA leaders
A new friend, signing up to be my teacher’s aide
3 way calls with my girl and my Builder
Friends who have “been there, done that” and tell me the story when they see the dent in my van.  Leaving me with no shame, no condemnation
A dream, a goal, and a plan to get there

prayer around the camp, sinners from a long line of sinners, forgiven and praying for others

sweet cousins roasting Twizzlers

the perfect marshmallow contest continues
hiking to the top, all from the littlest to the biggers, mom, nanas, dads & uncles conquering the scrambling rocks together



tubes floating, bouncing in the water
kids laughing
momma chortling
first sunflower bloom in the garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.