Friday, June 7, 2013

This Week, June 2-7

  • In my life this week…
  • We had fun times of fellowship with friend this week.  Our daughters who are in the youth group are finding many opportunities for fun.  During one of these times I was able to slip out for pie & tea with a friend.  Delightful!

  • In our homeschool this week…Mae finished PreAlgebra!! and is in the process of taking the Saxon Placement Test.  She has done very well, and I might even say that Mae is enjoying mathematics, with Life of Fred math.  I feel confident that it is a solid math course, but want to see how what Mae has learned measures up with Saxon math.

  • Each child has a short list of things to complete, and I am pretty sure that tomorrow will be a stopping point for most things.

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… This week volunteer works at the Ranch and all three daughters will be working this summer.  There has been a flurry of mending and ironing to get all ready.  We are heading to Denver early Saturday morning.  Builder is coming home for a week!  Actually 9 days.

  • My favorite thing this week was…hearing my daughter open up to me and share a deep hurt.  While it hurts to see her hurt, the fact that she is willing to trust and share with me brings me joy.

  • My kiddos favorite thing this week is probably "seeing the end near."

  • Things I’m working on…Quilts.  My grand nieces cousin quilt is FINISHED as of earlier today.  Next up is sewing the binding on a quilt for my grand daughter, then piecing together her cousin quilt.

  • I’m cooking…  No, I'm not cooking much!  The cooking part of our Meaningful Work summer is going beautifully!
    Taco Potatoes

    Corn Dog Muffins with Fruit Salad and Carrots

  • I’m grateful for…the whispers of my Father in the early morning.  Just this morning His words of peace and encouragement lingered with me all day.

  • I’m praying for…friends who are fighting illness, auto immune type things, safe travel for my Beloved.

  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…
    First Food


    Read more: http://www.soyoucallyourselfahomeschooler.com/homeschool-mothers-journal/#ixzz2VUs8pvMU

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Welcome! So glad you stopped by.