Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The BARE NAKED TRUTH

About The Bare Naked Truth:"The Truth About Sex and Waiting . . . Uncovered Purity.

"Sex. Boys. Waiting. There's something about those words that makes everything complex in a heartbeat, and raises more questions than answers.  Bekah Hamrick Martin knows the waiting game isn't easy or straight-forward. In The Bare Naked Truth, she lays everything on the table---including some embarrassing moments---as she explores the honest, naked truth behind what God means by purity. With additional entries from popular authors, you'll see the bare naked approach to waiting isn't always easy, but it's worth the risk."

As a mom of daughters age 30, 24, 13, 12 and 11, purity is a topic that is often discussed.  While I appreciate the message Bekah Hamrick Martin shares in The Bare Naked Truth, the difference in personality between the author and myself is pretty extreme and I struggled with the book tremendously. 

That said, I believe that Bekah Hamrick Martin has a wonderful love for young women and desires to reach them with the truth and hope, and with tools to maintain purity of body, mind and spirit.  I'm not sure that I will recommend this book to my younger daughters, but one of my older daughters is going to read it soon, and give me a younger woman's perspective.

This book was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Litfuse Publicity.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.