Monday, June 3, 2013

Community ~ 1000 Graces in 2013



In different seasons of life anger is an unwelcome presence in life.  It seems to be passed from generation to generation just like flat feet and curled toes.

At times conversing over the phone with the miles stretched between us the isolated distance carries a panic as we talk over yard work, budget and youthful struggles. 

Seeing the fingerprint of generations upon our kids without the lens of amazing grace can suck the hope right out of a conversation.

We tumble down a spiral and grasp for answers, help wanted requests shooting upwards.  Are we wise enough or do we need someone with more education, letters behind a name?

Sometimes professional help is what is needed.  But what if more often, it is the wise words from a listening friend?

Experiencing life within a fellowship of believers in our community is another grace discovered.

Great counsel can come from the friend with a listening ear.  Life lived in community can make molehills out of mountains.

Giving thanks for community such as this.



graces from 151-165

    Hope that the angry person will come to know and believe the love of God
    Gratitude for the tears that spilled today from my eyes, softening my heart

    Hope springing from the conversation with Peggy.  She has so much common wisdom to share.

    Time to read the Scriptures with precious one and to pray with her

    A letter written and sent to encourage several years ago, pulled out for me to read  

    Girls up all night talking

    Inspiration and wisdom shared with me, just before it is needed.

    Chubby baby girl blowing raspberries All. The. Time.

    My dad answering my question with a story that allows me into his time in Vietnam in 1968

Tell me, are you part of a thriving lifegiving community?  What are the ingredients that you find there?
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for drenching me in thankfulness today.

    Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip onto goodness.

    Splashin'
    Sarah

    http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/06/on-daddys-toes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah thank you for stopping by. I hope you found encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.