Saturday, May 4, 2013

This Week April 29 - May 3



  • In my life this week…There seems be a controlled chaos this week.  It started late last week with appliance failures, but those things are just the "stuff" of life.  Other things, mostly good things, filled my time and thoughts to overfull. 

  • Washing Machine filter ~ 2 hours to get it all open, apart and cleaned, but that didn't fix the problem

  • In our homeschool this week…Finally, we seem to be getting back into the groove.  This semester has been challenging, disjointed.  I think we have 6-8 weeks left before we can break for summer.  If we continue as we have done this week, we should be great.

  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…Slow down for the life lessons.  There are many things that we just can't plan or script, that catch us by surprise.  Try to slow down for them and make them count.

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…Builder is home for the weekend, before heading off for the far North.  We are taking care of business and family, preparing for the new routine that will be.

  • My favorite thing this week was…the hard thing, the time to talk through heart issues.  Even though the hard thing and heart issues remain, having the time and space to be available is joy in the midst of the hard grace.

  • My kiddos favorite thing this week was…Having Daddy home.  Finding out the youth at our church have decided to sponsor a child through Compassion International!

  • Things I’m working on…The cousin quilt will be finished soon and I have another couple of quilts to put together.  One for my granddaughter and another for a new baby boy in our congregation.  I've picked up my knitting and my crocheting again.  Just a few stitches here and there, but little by little things will be finished.

  • I’m cooking…We have more eggs than we can use!  And since there are a couple of us that simply do not like eggs, I've whipped up a couple of quiches for breakfast this week.  Makes eggs a lot more palatable.


  • I’m grateful for…the opportunity to be home with my kids, day and night ~the "walk" I get to take each Wednesday morning that includes a visit to the World Prayer Center, the youth of our church, getting out there to minister to those close and those in far away lands




  • I’m praying for…the hearts of my children, this nation, for Lesbia

    • Something I am hoping for…this

  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

  • Coppelia


    the sweet gift of friendship
     


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Welcome! So glad you stopped by.