Friday, May 31, 2013

Reading in May

Listed below are the titles of books and stories that made richer the spring days of May.  A wonderful realization has come to me that an idea that was presented to me a couple of years ago is true.  Good books are mentors.  This has been a tremendous discovery!

The Books;

Jessica's First Prayer by Hesba Stretton  ~ My 12 year old daughter told me that this is one of her favorite books, that she has read it more times than she can remember.  Then she invited me to read it, so I did.  Truly a wonderful story.

The Cat that God Sent by Jim Kraus

Cleaning House, A Mom's 12-Month Experiment to Rid Her Home of Youth Entitlement by Kay Wills Wyma, my response here

The BARE NAKED TRUTH, Dating, Waiting, and God's Purity Plan by Bekah Hamrick Martin, review coming in June

Audio ~ Books, Sermons, Letters, etc

Letter from Birmingham Jail by Martin Luther King, Jr.

For the Children's Sake ~ I am part way through this one.  This is a book that may end up in my basket of gifts to give to new mothers.

What are you reading?  Who are your literary mentors?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.