Friday, April 5, 2013

This Week...

This week started off a little differently than usual, it was good, but it threw me off!  I was out of the house every morning this week until today.  That makes "schooling" a little challenging, but with my children being older, they do pretty well at keeping up.

Doing a journal entry like this post might be a fun way to keep track of some of the days that are flying quickly by.
  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…It is recital season and Mae will be rehearsing for Coppelia over the next few weeks.  She also gets to spend some time with a new friend on Sunday.  Tonight we had the pleasure of attending a friend's book launch

  • My favorite thing this week was…spending a little unexpected one on one time with 2 of my daughters, and a trip to Denver for time with the other two on Monday.  Nikki gave Petal Rose a keratin treatment and taught her how to straighten her hair.  Petal Rose has the most lovely spiral curls, but at 12 year old, they seem to be more a burden than a delight.  Now her curls are much more relaxed and easier for her to take care of.

  • Things I'm working on...I'm trying to finish up the latest cousin quilt.  Creating Scripture Memory copywork books is bringing me great delight.  We enjoyed The Shelter by Jeannie Fulbright, and I'm looking forward to memorizing more Psalms with my daughters using copywork and recitation.  After I finished up one, I am wondering if anyone would like a copy of it, to review and share thought with me?

  • I’m grateful for…community.  After many years in this area, we have found community in several places.  I am so thankful for how the circles of community seem to be overlapping more and more.  Mae has had the opporutinty to take science with a group of kids at our home school coop for the past 2 years.  That has been wonderful for her.  This year Petal Rose is able to take an improve class, and Chica is enjoying an art class.  The co op has been a blessing to our family.  I'm so thankful for the group of men and women who work so hard to keep it going. 

  • I’m praying for…so many people, life is full, hard and good all around.  Our daughter, the mother of JoyNess has been looking for work.  She has a lead on a CNA job.  She applied with the company and hopes to hear back from them next week.

  • I rewarded my kids this week by…telling them we will have a movie night on Saturday night, and one of their favorite dinners (grilled, marinated tilapia).

  • Something I am ogling or have my eye on…it's more that I am looking closely at 2 options for "high school".  Mae begins high school this fall.  We are leaning towards Sonlight, but are also interested in Liberty University high school.



  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…
    "Characters" from in the Hall of the Mountain King book launch









     

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Welcome! So glad you stopped by.