Saturday, April 27, 2013

This Week, April 21-27



In my life this week…  Whew, it was a FHG (full, hard, good) week.  I'm concerned about how little schooling we are getting done this spring.  Our homeschool co-op wraps up in 2 weeks and I am hopeful that after we wrap it up a concentrated 6 weeks at home will help each of us get more on track.

In our homeschool this week…there was mostly independent working.  Two of my kiddos are on a living history field trip today.  Because of appliance issues and fatigue Mae and I have stayed home.

My favorite thing this week was…experiencing a different side of friendship as I struggled with appliance and van issues while my hubby is away at work.  A girlfriend texted me to see if she could take my kids to the field trip we had planned to do together.  And being a Navy wife, she completely understood the situation of dealing with life and deciding which things to handle on my own and which ones to call Builder about.  Another new friend, and a plumber, arrived after work on Friday to troubleshoot and fix the hot water heater (which is less than a year old)

My kiddos favorite thing this week was…Petal Rose and Chica are probably have the best time at the Living History event.  Mae is completely soaking up this "just be" time in her room as she putters and listens to a story.

Things I’m working on...some spring time yard maintenance and some deep spring cleaning.

I’m grateful for…friendship, extended warranties, the evidence of grace within me as the Spirit conversed with me all through the hardest day, reminding me that it wasn't really hard comparatively speaking.  All these things are simply things.  We still had clean water, heat, transportation and each one of us is healthy and strong.

I’m praying for…families and friends who are walking through valleys, my children and my husband

Something I am ogling or have my eye on…I'm still looking at high school material for Mae.  Has anyone experience with Liberty University's high school track?

A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

We visited the "Experience Compassion" event in our city this past week.  Please take the opportunity if they come to your area.

I Found Hope - Change the Story from Compassion International on Vimeo.
With Compassion International’s Change the Story mobile experience you are able to experience the reality of millions of children around the world. Change the story is an immersive experience available to you for only a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.