Friday, April 5, 2013

Letter Writing

Each month, on the 1st Friday of the month, my Iphone beaps.  The message on the screen tells me that it is Compassion Letter Writing Day!
 

Usually this is just a quiet activity that I complete at my desk, as my children have set aside different times for their letter writing.  The past week my children and I have been reading a book together that was HARD.  It prompted many discussions, and it drove us to the Bible.  And what we found there I wanted to share with the girls we sponsor through Compassion (I write to the girls, Builder writes to the boys and young men).  Here is what I wrote this month;


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Jeremiah 29:11

Dear Precious Child

The verse I started this letter with has a message I encourage you to think about.  The LORD God thinks about YOU!  He loves you and has a hopeful future for you.

Over the last week my daughters and I have been reading a story that caused us to look into the Bible, to read about what God thinks about each of us.  In Zephaniah 3:17 we learned this:

The LORD your God is in your midst, The Mighty One will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness.  He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.

How do those words make you feel?  Do you know that God rejoices over you?

He does.  He loves you so very much.

I hope these words encourage you.

With love,

your sponsor.
 
It is my hope that in sharing this, you too will be encourage by these words.  The LORD rejoices over you.  And I hope to encourage you to write a letter of hope to someone, your own child, a sponsored child, or anyone you know that could use a little encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.