Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Goodby to Yesterday, a Review

 I'm so ready for routine and schedules to resume in February.  We didn't intend for our Christmas break to continue on into a Winter Break, but life brought us quite a few changes and challenges and tremendous blessings.  We have stacks of books waiting to be read, and since this book Goodbye to Yesterday is such a little read, I did manage to finish it.  It actually only took a little time one afternoon.

Goodbye to Yesterday by Wanda E. Brunstetter is part 1 of 6 in The Discovery series.  A sweet Amish fiction that reads easily, this story took me away from my own challenges for a little while.

As the story began to unfold and pick up a little speed I was surprised by the abrupt ending.  Just 121 small pages long, the story is to continue in The Silence of Winter in March of this year. 

While I did enjoy the story, that abrupt ending caused me to think about the size of the book.  I've waited a couple of days to write this review because I needed to think it over.  As a family we've read some great read alouds designed to be read daily, with cliff hangers at the end of each day's reading.  This book wasn't written in the same way, but it does seem strange to have a story printed in a short book form, and to have to wait a couple of months for the next segment of the story.  It's really just a little more than a booklet in size. I'm curious to read what others think.

I recived this book in exchange for an honest review from HANDLEBAR -- 207 Reber Street, Suite 100, Wheaton, IL 60187

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.