Saturday, February 9, 2013

Because He Loves Me, Spring 2013 Book Study


First the first time in several years "one word" for the year didn't come to me.  As a matter of fact, not one word, nor a few words.  But when I think over the books that I am currently reading there is no doubt that I am being led on down the road by my Saviour.  Time after time I find that what the Spirit is teaching me is brought up in Scripture, in books I am reading, sermons on Sunday and sermons on the radio.  Sometimes I've really thought that God, our pastor, Charles Stanley and my husband have had a conference.

Here I am again.

Because He Love me.

"It's essential for us to think about God's love today because it is only his love that can grant us the joy that will strengthen our hearts, the courage that will embolden us in our fight against sin and the assurance that will enable us to open up our lives to him so that he might deal powerfully with our unbelief and idolatry. 

If we don't consciously live in the light of his love, the gospel will be secondary, virtually meaningless, and Jesus Christ will fade into insignificance.  Our faith will become all about us, our performance, and how we think we're doing, and our transformation will be hindered." Elyse Fitzpatrick in "Because He Loves Me."

I am reading Hind's Feet on High Places and listening to Because He Loves Me.   And I know that another golden thread is being woven into my heart, another transforming work being done upon my mind.

At the end of chapter 1 Elyse Fitzpatrick asks "Do you have any hopes or expectations as you begin this study?"

Right now I am experiencing a bit of breathless wonder that the God of the Universe once is again calling me further upwards.

linking with Ruth and with Joy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.