Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Reading in October

This season of life has been fuller, busy than I've ever known.  Reading is still happening, but in smaller bites unless there is a sudden spot of time where I can just kick back and settle in for a refreshing time. 

Here are the books I finished in October.  There are others in process, and hopefully I'll have more completed by the end of November.

Tangled Ashes by Michele Phoenix, a read for review book ~ my thoughts on this book here

False Intimacy by Dr Harry Schaumburg ~ a book recommended by our pastor.  As I continue to walk out the healing and restoration from the intense abuse inflicted upon me throughout my childhood, God continues layer upon layer to deal with the sin in my heart.  The effects of sin from the actions of others, and my own sin, idolatry and "do it myselfness".  This book is very difficult to read, but much of what Dr Schaumburg says in addressing the main concern here, is applicable to all sinful hearts.

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life by Crystal Paine ~ ebook ~ you can read my review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.