Friday, June 29, 2012

This Moment ~ This Week

{this moment} - A Friday ritual. A single photo -  - capturing a moment from the week.  A moment that I will remember, always.  A moment that brings the reality that all can be gone in a moment into clarity for me this week.


This photo was taken by a Denver Post photographer, and is of course, a better shot than any of my own.

We anxiously watched the fire from Sat afternoon to Tuesday afternoon, knowing it had the potential to be very bad.

But we had no idea how bad it would be Tuesday afternoon, until suddenly, out my kitchen window I saw orange smoke, and then out my west window I saw fire and smoke.

We live on the other side of the interstate, up a hill from the boundary line for evacuations.  That evening fear was thick as we waited and watched and listened.

My heart is grieved for the loss of so many.  My prayers are frequent for the mercy and peace of God to comfort our community from the terror of that day.  Cars lined up to evacuate as the fire raged toward them.  Shocked faces all around our city as the ones evacuated mingled with the rest of us.

Yes, this is a week I will remember.  And learn from.

linking with Amanda

1 comment:

  1. a awesome, yet truly scary and terrifying moment to be sure!

    if you are so inclined, here is my moment this week: http://kjoslyn78.blogspot.com/2012/06/this-moment.html

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.