Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer of 7, Redirected Focus

This summer of 7 has been a great vehicle for the redirecting focus happening in my family.  I asked my kids several times as we talked about continuing after the possessions week, why are we doing this?  What are we hoping for?

And as the days went by we realized, we want to be FREE and ABLE.  Free from the things that keeps us from doing what we are called to do. 

So a contining deep purge is happening, and much is being sent to Amazon or set aside for a garage sale, for fundraising purposing.

And another week of preparing ethnic meals to share with others, to tell them about our "kids" and what life is like for them.

The clothing part of seven has been an interesting thing for me to ponder.  And I spent a week of pondering I realized, maybe this should be embarresssing, but it's not...I only have about 7 shirts that I rotate through, 2 skirts (one more dressy, one for everyday, and I mean everyday), 1 pair of shorts, 2 nightgowns, 2 pairs of capris, 2 swimsuits and 2 pairs of yoga pants for working out.

My accessories are about as sparse.  So again, I'm brought back to the focus my Father gave me the very first thing.  What am I wearing on the inside?

Thanks to a conversation with one of my sweet girls last night, my focus is brought back around.  It is for me to be putting on joy by giving thanks, slipping on peace by remembering the steadfast faithfulness of my Father and clothing myself with a garment of praise.

Fellow Summer of 7 bloggers, I'm not bailing on you, my fast has taken a different shape that just might not fit here on the blog.  When I'm given something to share, I will, but my guess most is going to batted around the sweet family gathered around the table each night.

with joy,
michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.