Thursday, June 28, 2012

From One Simple Life to Another

Two years ago when we sponsored Lesbia and Bryan Marcello through Compassion International, we were just starting to really understand the opportunity to impact lives and sow hope where there might not be any hope.

Two months ago when Builder and I made the decision to become Child Advocates and to strength our family's ministry efforts, I had a tiny idea how that might impact our children.

But here were are in the hot middle of summer and my heart is bursting with joy as I see just glimmers of what God is doing in this family and through this family.

When my children asked me what I wanted for my birthday recently, I just couldn't think of anything.  And then as I prayed I started seeing faces and upside down symbols and there was the answer.  Sponsor a child from the areas at risk for exploitation and abuse.  Let God rescue one of this young ones through our commitment, love and letters. 

And here she is, the gift my Beloved Builder granted for my 44th birthday...


Neema, Tanzania

What a beauty she is and what a blessed woman I am.

And in the same week, surpise another child, unexpected, this one from Indonesia, joined our international family. 
Niki Agusta, Indonesia

What joy swells in my heart as I look at this faces, sense the pain and maybe fear in those beautiful eyes, yet I also see the potential.  There is a song that is sometimes on the radio.  Just this week I bought it from iTunes because the lyrics are a prayer I occasionally pray for my daughters, and now plan to write to these children.

The Words I Would Say
by Sidewalk Prophets

From one simple life to another,
I will say,
Come find peace in the Father,

Be strong in the Lord and,


Never give up hope
,
You're going to do great things,

I already know,

God's got His hand on you so,

Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
Thank God for each day.

His love will find a way



And today while I am hoping what I share encourages someone else to begin singing hope over a child through sponsorship, I also want to leave you with these words, dear reader friend

Be strong in the Lord
Never give up hope
You're gonna do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear

Don't forget why you are here,
Take your time and pray,
Thank God for each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.