Thursday, May 17, 2012

Wish You Were Here, Fiction Review


wish you were here by Beth K Vogt

about the book
"Allison Denman is supposed to get married in five days, but everything is all wrong. The huge wedding. The frothy dress. And the groom.

Still, kissing the groom’s brother in an unguarded moment is decidedly not the right thing to do. How could she have made such a mistake? It seems Allison’s life is nothing but mistakes at this point. And pulling a “Runaway Bride” complete with stealing, er, borrowing her best friend’s car doesn’t seem to solve her problems.

Can Allison find her way out of this mess? Maybe she just needs to stop orchestrating everything. Allison prefers being the one in control, and giving it up is not going to be easy. But to find her way again, she will have to believe that God has a plan for her and find the strength to let Him lead."

While I’m not quite sure how I manage to receive 4 fiction, romance style books to review over the past month, at least 2 of them have been enjoyable reads.  Romance stories just aren’t my interest, but Beth Vogt has written a book that is so very full of real life that I found myself reading until after midnight to finish it last weekend.

The “kissing the brother of the groom” is handled very tactfully.  It is very refreshing to read about the honorable response to this surprising turn of events and the courage to seek out the best in the situation.  It is good to find that clean, wholesome Christian fiction is available, and includes encouragement to seek God's purposes, to embrace the hope He offers to each person.  While I pass most fiction that I review to other adults, I am going to tuck this one away for my older daughters (and my younger daughters as they grow) as a fun, wholesome read.

Visit the Wish You Were Here blog tour page to read other reviews.

this book was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion by the litfuse publicity group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.