Wednesday, May 9, 2012

By Faith, Not By Sight by Scott MacIntyre

By Faith, Not By Sight, written by Scott MacIntyre with Jennifer Schuchmann

Book Description


A moving story of hope, faith, persistence and the power of dreams.

A piano prodigy, a nineteen-year-old college grad, a Marshall scholar, and an American Idol finalist. This guy had it made. He could sing.

He could ski blind. What couldn’t he do?

Even if you saw him in concert, you might not believe that Scott MacIntyre is blind, and you’d never guess that at nineteen, he faced a diagnosis that rocked his family and nearly took his life.

So how did he do it? How did he overcome the odds?

This is Scott’s story, but he’d be the first to tell you that it’s not really about him. This is the story of how God used a dedicated family, a selfless acquaintance, hardship, and a host of characters to give him life, faith, determination, and experiences most can only imagine.

Peek behind the scenes to see how he learned to overcome his disability, how he made it in the music industry, how he found the love of his life, and how God taught him that in all things, we can truly achieve our dreams By Faith, Not by Sight.

This book.  Wow.  This is one of the best books I've read this year, because of the many ways in which it spoke to me.  First it was the way Scott speaks through the book.   He gives so big a peek into his thoughts, his hopes, dreams, disappointments that I find myself cheering for him, wanting to encourage him to keep pressing on.

Next it is that GRATITUDE thing.  Ann wrote about it.   How giving thanks, makes the sweet days all the sweeter, and gives light on the darkest of days.  I find it in the pages of this book, as Scott tells his story, the places where fear and worry seem to have a right to take residence but he chooses to count. the. gifts.  and these words found on page 45 of my copy "Fortunately I never focused on that...I believed..."  Words of wisdom, don't focus on whatever it is, maybe fear, maybe lack of approval, but what is it that you believe?  Remember it and believe it.

And lastly, another storyline I'm following over the years.  Those roaring lambs who step out there and let their lights shine.  They desire to be able to tell The Story, how it has become their story, they desire to be good role models and to encourage others.

The thoughts are rushing in my mind as I prepare to slip this book on my daughter's bookshelf.  I know that in this review I haven't communicate the best, but I do hope you will find a copy and read it.  It is worth your time.

Chopin

I review for BookSneeze®This book was provided to me in exchange for my review by Book Sneeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.