Friday, March 16, 2012

Brave


joining LisaJo for just 5 minutes...
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back and invite others to join in.
3. Meet & encourage someone who linked up before you.
OK, are you ready? Give us your best five minutes on:
::

Brave…

GO

The word topic is Brave.  On a week after Builder suggested the scariest thing i feel most unequipped to do.  And i keep hearing various words that suggest my FATHER in Heaven is pursuing me, also suggesting that i do it.

But when i line up all my words of "no" it might really be, "i don't think i'm able."  "what do i have to offer that hasn't already been given?"

So am i to be Brave in this?  No, i think i am to stand behind a shield, lift a sword and keep asking HIM to tell me He is here and this is what He wants me to do.

Brave isn't in me, but the Holy Spirit of God is.  And i choose, each moment, to believe, I can do all things through Christ who  strengthens me.

STOP

Joining Lisa Jo for 5 Minute Friday  Want to step over and join us in this word thing?  It's a beautiful place, we'd love to hear from you too.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it the truth that only in His strength can we be truly brave. Nice post today, link neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes... And how incredible is it that he equips us for the things that loom so large and scary?

    I love the pictures you paint here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, I wanted to comment on your entry today, but wordpress won't let me.

    Instead I say it here...Oh sweet lady, the courage it takes to love a man in uniform. I thank you and him for the sacrifice each of you make to defend liberty.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.