Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blog Tour: The Money Saving Mom's Budget AudioBook

Thank you for stopping by on your way through the "The Money Saving Mom's Budget" audiobook blog tour.

The Money Saving Mom’s Budget audiobook, written by Crystal Paine, produced by Oasis Audio, read by the Author.

Slash Your Spending, Pay Down Your Debt, Streamline Your Life, and Save Thousands a Year.

·         If You don’t Know Where You’re Going, Any Train Will Get You There
·         Are the Chaos and Clutter in Your Life Keeping You from Financial Success?
·         Give Yourself an Instant Raise Without Increasing Your Take-Home Pay
·         Go Totally Plastic-Free – Temporarily
·         Coupons Are Not Just for Junk Food
·         Beyond the Basics:  Advanced Couponing Techniques
·         Twenty-five Ways to Lower Your Grocery Bill Without Clipping Coupons
·         Going Out on the Town Without Going Broke
·         Embrace Today
·         Included with this audio book is a pdf file of worksheets and charts found in the printed book.
While much of what Crystal Paine has to say in this book is material on her blog or in other resources I've read, there are some points she expands on that build upon basics that I know or am learning.  It has been an encouraging refresher course on the pursuit of good stewardship and living simply.
The chapter on chaos and clutter has me looking at my own schedules, habits and “hot spots” more closely.  Crystal is very down to earth and matter of fact, and the pdf worksheets are a helpful starting point.

In the chapter “Beyond the Basics: Advanced Couponing Techniques” I was encouraged that while I do use most of the skills Crystal recommends, one thing I haven’t done is shop the markdowns in produce.  Her encouragement that doing so adds a little pizzazz to the weekly menu made me smile.  It certainly would mix things up for my family, as I tend to buy the same produce every week.  It would be great to try some new items this way.
While this recording was not as smooth and polished as other titles on my playlist, it was a true pleasure to have the opportunity to listen to this audio book.  Knowing that this is the author’s first book, and that recording this audiobook is another first to her, I mostly want to applaud Crystal Paine.  She has said that she has been taken out of her comfort zone, and it is beautiful to see younger women take these uncomfortable steps of faith.   As I said in a January post, Crystal is a young woman who, as a homemaker and a business woman. has a far reaching platform. She is also a woman who recognizes what she has been given, and offers it back to the Lord. It brings me great joy to be able to introduce my daughters to the work of women like Crystal who are living out their lives in faith, wisdom and service to the Lord.

with joy,





This video gives you a little example of how Crystal helps and encourages us in our quest for better management of our resources.

I was sent this recording by Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.