Friday, February 10, 2012

Cat Love ~ February 10, 2012

{this moment} - Tucked in here most Fridays, photos from an ordinary, or not so ordinary, moment from the week. A moment I want to linger on, press into, and offer thanks for..


Leaving my retreat center (bedroom & master bathroom), ready for the day I went into Mae's room to encourage her to rise and shine.  This is what I found,

012
Now who would jump right out of bed with that warm bundle of fur resting so sweetly on one's back?


Entering the living room to get my camera for the above photo I found Petal Rose snuggled on the sofa with Madeline snuggled tight on her belly, nose to nose they were. When I pointed the camera, Madeline quickly jumped down and ran off. This is a photo I took a few evenings ago during our bedtime read aloud. She's afraid of the black box and runs off before most photos.
006

Sometimes I get grumpy at these animals, their messes, their demands (black cat up there is very vocal), and forget the joy and comfort they offer.  I am thankful for the warm snuggles they give my daughters, for the opportunity to love and care for the needs of another life that pets give children.  I am thankful for the added color these cats add to the landscape of our lives.


linking with SouleMama and Amy's Finer Things and joining Laura for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment:

  1. Kitty snuggles are the best. Mine snuggle most nights when they are cold. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.