Friday, January 27, 2012

Imagination and Creativity ~ this moment


For Chica's 9th birthday in December we (mom, dad & sisters) gave her a dollhouse, the dollhouse of my dreams!  It was a big project, so here we are a little over a month since the birthday and still putting on some finishing touches.

But the Doll family has moved in.  To celebrate, Chica served up a lovely turkey meal.
made with Sculpey by Chica's loving hands


I don't have the lighting quite right, but you can see the beautiful Doll family, made by Chica.  She's been making these dolls for 3 or 4 years, and we're so glad they have a home now.



When we had shared a little about the search for a doll family,  Chica told us, "I just couldn't tell the Doll family they would have to move out. They are my doll family."  The search is over, we have found the perfect dolls.

linking up with SouleMama, and Amy Finer Things.



3 comments:

  1. Your daughter is very creative! Love those wooden dolls.

    I also love the verse that you posted - Psalm 46:1 (the entire psalm is good too! :) - a verse that always brings comfort to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The turkey looks so cute! I've been seeing a lot of doll houses on the interwebs lately. Here's one a lady made for her daughter, http://makingitlovely.com/category/dollhouse-2/

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, she sounds so adorable and so creative! Every girl needs a dollhouse, don't they? I sure wish I had one growing up!

    have a lovely weekend!
    http://lauraemily.typepad.com/laura-emily/2012/01/-this-moment--1.html

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.