Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Walking with the Lion

Women, it's time to...
AWAKEN...
God did not save you to tame you.
AWAKEN...
to a life of fierce passion.
AWAKEN...
to dangerous prayer, stunning power, and teamed purpose.
AWAKEN...
your response could very well change your world.


Last month I was given the book Lioness Arising by Lisa Bevere.  This is the first book I have read by this author, and found it to be written in a conversational style, making it an easier read than most of what I've been working through lately.  The author uses the lioness as a metaphor for women, and encourages us to realize in ourselves the power and strength along with the beauty and tenderness that can be seen in Queen of the Jungle.  And to awaken to what is injust around us, and to how we can be a part of bringing justice to the world around, as we walk boldly with The Lion, our Lord Jesus.

In dealing with some dark and tragic subjects I appreciated how the author wrote plainly, simply and moved quickly to the encouragement that we women find our strength and rise up to bring justice to the oppressed.  It is also refreshing to read the reminder to stop comparing ourselves, stop judging each other, and join hands as women to be that HELP that  we have been created to be.

 It continues to amaze me how when the LORD is speaking to me about something, words will come from many directions and sources.  I realize that HE brought this book to me, and I am thankful for the watering of seeds of truth as I read it.

Lioness Arising, by Lisa Bevere



~ This book was provided to me for review by WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.