Friday, March 4, 2011

5 Minute Friday ~ When I look in the mirror I see..



When I look in the mirror I see...

Silver highlights that I once somewhat feared would be gray.  More laugh lines around my eyes than the frowns I used to wear.  A softness that most days has replaced the bitterness that lived in my heart and on my face.

In the mirror I am learning to see beauty, not as the world delcares, but as the fearfully and wonderfully, much loved daughter of the Creator, Most High God.

Occassionally when I look in the mirror, in the glaring overhead light I forget to see and instead only look at  the lines, the duller hair and the hair that now grows in the wrong places, the lack of beauty and walk away downhearted at my worldly unworthiness.

Thank God that He will take me back with quick reminders from the people around me.  The people He has placed in my life, that becuase of His love stilled in their hearts, only see the beauty.

Linking up with The Gypsy Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.