Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blueberry Orange Oatmeal

Soak 2 Cups Oat Grouts in Water overnight

In the morning,

drain the water
measure in 2 C orange juice (or 1C oj 1C water)
and bring to a slow boil. 

While waiting for the oat groats to boil, grate 1 orange, then slice and eat the orange, yum!

After the oat grouts have become soft, add about a cup of frozen blueberries ( or more if you really like them!) and the orange zest.

Let bubble a bit more for a minute or two til the liquid begins to look creamy, then serve.

This serves 4, with plenty for tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. My Dan would LOVE this! thanks for sharing. Where do you get oat groats, I wonder.

    From post above, I see you have your builder man home! I hope you are having many wonderful moments!

    I love your profile picture - pretty!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leanne. Yes, Builder is home this week, but we put him back on the plane Sunday morning :(

    Oat groats. This fall I ordered steel cut and a mistake was made, they gave me oat groats. We order once or twice a month through a large coop in our area. You might try a health food store in your area, like Whole Foods.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.