Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Goal for Marme ~ Learning, Doing, Reading a Little Something New

One of my goals this year is to do a little reading for myself, apart from all the reading we do for educating the kids :)  I am going through all the books on my shelf that I bought and hoped to get to someday, and putting them on a doable list for 2011!  I am also joining in the discussions over at Life As Mom, for just a little more "mother culture" throughout the year.


My 2011 BookClub List


One Thousand Gifts:  A dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp
Age of Opportunity by Paul David Tripp
Too Small to Ignore by Wes Stafford
Fix & Forget It CookBook
to discuss on February 11

One Thousand Gifts:  A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp
Age of Opportunity by Paul David Tripp
Lioness Arising by Lisa Bevere
Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew
to discuss on March 11

Artisian Bread in 5 Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg & Zoe Francis (and test out 3 recipes)
Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider
to discuss on April 10 & 11

Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeust
Let Me Be Woman by Elisabeth Elliot
to discuss on May 11

Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv
to discuss June 10 & 11

Dancing with My Father by Sally Clarkson
Home Education by Charlotte Mason
to discuss July 10

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs
to discuss August 10

A Landscape with Dragons by Michael O'Brien
Be Still My Soul by Elisabeth Elliot
to discuss September 11

Roaring Lambs by Bob Briner
to disucss October 11

Celebrating Biblical Feasts by Martha Zimmerman
to discuss November 11


The Monster in the Hollows by Andrew Peterson
to discuss December 11

2 comments:

  1. You are so well organized!!! I look forward to your discussions on your books! : )
    Are you raising chickens again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne,

    Organized...Oh I so long to be! We're planning on adding chickens back, in the spring. I'm in over my head with unpacking, organizing, schooling, puppy training and chauffering!

    But the garden and the chickens are returning...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.