Monday, January 17, 2011

For Today, January 17, 2011

Outside my window... a dark, dark night

I am thinking...how I have so much to learn on this parenting journey.

I am thankful for... God's quick answer to my call for help today.

I am wearing... my soft pink long sleeved t with my coral hoodie, comfy jeans & sneakers

I am hearing... the water pick as my girls take turns cleaning the orthodonic appliances

I am remembering... several birthdays in this last half of the month

I am creating... lists!  That's as creative as I am right now.  But Saturday we will be making Valentine's Day cards.  Wanna exchange Valentines with some sweet girls?

I am currently reading... The Age of Opportunity by Paul David Tripp, the book of JOB

From the learning rooms... Today was a good first real day back after our very long break.

I am hoping...that my girls with flipfloppy tummies are not coming down sick!

On my mind... how to get all the pieces running smoothly for each of the girls as we implement a couple of new resources for school.

Noticing that... the daily quiet time sure helps my endurance in the evening.

Pondering these words...If I ...try…people might not.... Yet, I’m really beginning to see that I am unsatisfied and anxious, and I might even become resentful, if I don’t step out and be me. Living a life of “constant self editing” is totally what I tend to do and totally what I am being called to stop doing. http://arock4him.blogspot.com/


And the verses I want to memorize...I am working on the book of Colossians for 2011 AND Genesis 1 by summer break...two big chunks, but I believe in the power of HIS Word.  And I want my girls to see THAT!

From the kitchen... Banana Bread Oatmeal & Homemade PoptartsIMG_0006

Around the house... order is taking over, but there are still a few stacks and a box or two

One of my favorite things... the love between my 3 youngest daughters, how they each say their sisters are among their very best friends!

A picture to share...


IMG_0013To view more daybooks and add one of your own, visit here.

2 comments:

  1. Love that photo of your daughter and her doll...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your girls are best of friends!
    It would be fun for my children to exchange valentines with yours. We can message each other on fb for details.
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.