Wednesday, November 10, 2010

On this Veteran's Day

Dear Dad,

I want to tell you thank you.

All those years you served your country,

I now understand

That you also served your family, past, present and future,

Hoping to preserve the freedom to live...

To live a life free

To pursue life to the fullest.


It cost you greatly,

And us too,

But Dad, today

I simply want to thank you.



Thank you to my Dad

Who served 20+ years in the United States Air Force

in Vietnam, South Dakota, Kansas, Alabama, Nebraska, Wyoming, United Kingdom, Florida, Sicily, Panama and Turkey



5 comments:

  1. Love this post! A great big thank you from me too for your Dad! I'm so very thankful for all who have served and are serving our country!

    Hugs to you friend!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks from me too!
    And to you too, as his daughter.

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, 20 years! thanking him alongside you, beautiful friend. thank you so much for linking. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks too so much to your dad . . . and mine who served in WWII. So much to be thankful for!

    It's my first time visiting you and joining in Imperfect Prose

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a HERO!!! And how honored you must feel every Vetran's day. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.