Thursday, October 14, 2010

Learning...




Often it's not a person we'd change, but the circumstances we find ourselves in. The grief & pain that we feel or the simple discomfort of the moment. Yet if we are able to breathe through the wave, if we are able to remember in that moment that the deep deep Love of God has met us at every twist and turn of our lives. We can choose to be content in this moment to the extent that we can acknowledge that HE has allowed it. HE has chosen to allow it for yet another season of refining. And we can be content to know that season will last only a while, but HIS love and grace will endure forever.


These are words that I read, and thought about, and typed awhile back.  This weekend we dealt again with discomfort, with grief and with pain and fatigue and I realized anew...

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have LEARNED in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:11-13

 In every situation
I can Choose
to Learn
to be
Content.
And in that choice,
He Himself,
will strengthen me
and make me able
to continue
to learn to
choose to be
Content.

Glorious!


 
 
a repost

8 comments:

  1. nice. the refining is sometimes a painful joy...well maybe the joy comes later...smiles. thoughts and prayers for you in this season...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good words, but oh so hard sometimes isn't it?

    love you!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did you know? i've been asking God to teach me contentment this week... to still my anxious heart... to center me on him. and you do this with your words, reminding me contentment is a choice. and once i choose, he will fulfill. thank you so much for linking, friend. e.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am definitely in a phase where I need to consciously make this decision every day. Sometimes it's frustrating, but other times there's such immense joy in taking that daily step of faith in our hearts, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm...i needed those words today. i am trying to remind myself that God is good and to focus on His character, not my situation. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Contentment is something i am learning more and more...beautifully spoken Michelle.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so true...
    love your take in life.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.