Friday, October 1, 2010

Falling into Reading

 

Along with a partial media fast in progress, is also a re-evaluating of the priorities in daily doings.

Participating in Fall into Reading 2010 is one thing I am doing as I work to break a habit, a habit of purchasing books, but not getting them read!  So many good books are mentioned here and there and handed to me and ....

So, here is the list of books I hope to read by the end of "fall."

Sabbath, Finding Rest, Renewal, and Delight in Our Busy Lives
by Wayne Muller (see a link to the fast and re-evaluation?)

50 Years in the "Church" of Rome
by Charles Chiniquy
This book was handed to me by a new friend, upon her hearing of our upcoming study of the Reformation.  I am approaching this book with some apprehension, as there are Catholic roots in my and Beloved's extended family.


 
Too Small to Ignore
Why Children Are the Next BIG Thing
by Dr. Wess Stafford
As I continue to pray about "what's next" as our family continues to seek God for a "family mission."


 
Swiss Family Robinson
by Johann David Wyss
A book of great enjoyment and delight, that I am purposing to FINISH.


A Landscape with Dragons
The Battle for Your Child's Mind
by Michael D. O'Brien
As I am becoming more and more aware of this battle all the time.


 
And those books to share with my sweet children

Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends
by Sarah, Stephen, and Grace Mally

Robin Hood
by Howard Pyle

Hans Andersen's Fairy Tales

Heidi by Johanna Spyri

Seems like a lot of reading to be done.  I'll post in December and see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! So glad you stopped by.